These crispy, golden, grain-free Yorkshires are perfect for mopping up the grain-free gravy on your roast beef dinner. Reheat leftovers in the oven the next day for a delicious breakfast pudding.
Created by Lisa on September 16, 2017
- 1/2 c arrowroot starch
- 3 eggs, large
- 1/2 c water or coconut milk
- 6 tbsp. roast fat drippings, ghee or butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200 C (400 F) with the empty muffin pan placed at centre rack.
- Add 1 tsp of the melted butter/fat to each of the 12 muffin cups. Heat the pan in the oven 3-5 minutes while you prepare the batter. (Do not let the butter burn.)
- (Tip: For adding the fat to the pan: If using butter, and your melted butter has separated, either whisk well or pour off the watery portion. Adding the water portion to your pan will produce a soggy pudding.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, starch, coconut milk, salt, and 2 tbsp melted butter/fat. The batter will be thin and runny.
- Remove the pan from the oven and quickly divide the batter into the muffin cups.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake 15-20 minutes until the puddings puff and turn golden brown at their edges.