These tangy lemon-raspberry scones are wonderful with coffee or tea. Quick and easy to prepare, they are fancy without fuss.
Created by Lisa on May 20, 2018
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- 1 c raspberries
- 1 lemon
- 1 c blanched almond flour
- 1 c coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the flours, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg together with the honey, coconut oil and 1/4 cup of the juice of the lemon.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine with a spatula. The dough will be crumbly.
- Gently stir in the berries.
- Form the dough into 2 equal sized balls. Press each ball out onto a cookie sheet to form a disc about 2 inches thick.
- Cut each disc into 6 pieces. Use the knife to gently nudge the pieces away from each other a little bit as you cut into the dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet. Serve with tea or coffee.