These spicy chicken mini-pots make a terrific first course if you’re entertaining.
Or, you can do what we did and make a meal of them, devouring two or three. They’re nice reheated for breakfast too.
Created by Lisa on July 15, 2016
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1 1-inch thick slice of sweet potato, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 75 g cooked salami, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and fresh black pepper, tt
- Chili pepper flakes, tt
- Hot sauce, tt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place chicken breast in an oven-proof skillet, coat with olive oil, season with chili pepper flakes.
- Roast in oven until the chicken is fully cooked (20-30 min).
- Meanwhile, in a medium non-stick frying pan, over medium heat, add olive oil, and the salami, red onion, bell pepper, garlic, sweet potato. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until soft, golden.
- Dice the cooked chicken and toss it into the veg mixture.
- Distribute the mixture across 6 mini-pots.
- Pour the whisked eggs evenly into the pots. (Leave a cm or two of room at the top - the eggs will expand.)
- Top with the green onion and your fave hot sauce.
- Place the lids on the pots and roast until the egg is done in the centre (~20-25 min).
- Serve with parsley or cilantro and more hot sauce.