This sauce is full of tangy spice, perfect on white fish like haddock or halibut.
Created by Lisa on July 4, 2016
- 2 lb halibut or haddock
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3/4 c tequila
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime
- 1/2 c water
- salt & pepper, tt
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Place 2 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp butter and the fish in a large saute pan on med-high heat; cook until white and flaky.
- Serve fish in bowls with tequila sauce spooned over top. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Place 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp butter, onion, and carrots into large sauce pan on med-high heat.
- After a few minutes, add the bell peppers.
- After a few more minutes, add the tequila. Cook a few more minutes.
- Now throw in the garlic, red pepper flakes, water, a handful of fresh rough-chopped cilantro, and the jalapeno. Squeeze in the juice of the full lime. Reduced a few minutes at a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper. Finish with another blob of butter for silky texture.