Scallop ceviche is a perfect dish for a hot summer day – no cooking! We paired this one with a local L’Acadie sparkling rosé. You might notice we had an observer.
Created by Lisa on July 4, 2016
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 3 limes
- 1 large orange
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 thin slice red onion, finely diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- Thoroughly rinse the scallops and remove the side-muscles.
- Slice the scallops cross-sectionally, into about 5 slices each.
- Place the scallops in a medium glass mixing bowl, and squeeze in the juice of 2 limes and half the orange.
- Slice the remaining half orange and remove the wedges from the rind for later.
- Add 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and stir.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate 1-3 hours.
- Drain the juice from the scallops with a sieve.
- Toss the scallops in the bell peppers, red and green onion, cilantro, avocado, orange wedges, and the rest of the red pepper flakes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.