The bright citrus and olive in this Greek tapenade take salmon to a whole new dimension.
Created by Lisa on July 3, 2016
- 2 salmon fillets
- 10 sprigs asparagus
- 1/2 lemon, for juice
- 1 piece upper orange rind, about 2 x 2", finely diced as zest
- 6 mammoth garlic-stuffed green olives
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 oz shelled pistachios
- 1 oz full-fat feta cheese
- 1 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 a shallot, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- fresh cracked black pepper tt
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Coat fillets in olive oil and place in sauté pan.
- Prepare the tapenade by placing the olives and sun-dried tomatoes in food processor to finely chop. Scoop the mixture into a medium bowl. Crumble in the cheese. Add the lemon juice, zest, nuts, shallot, garlic, black pepper, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix well.
- Spoon the tapenade evenly over the fillets, and pat it into place so it doesn't roll off while cooking.
- Place the pan in the heated oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron pan on high and sear the asparagus to blacken edges.
- Plate and serve.