- 1 navel orange
- 1 c blanched almond flour
- 1 c coconut flour
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put the navel orange through your juicer. Prep the chute to catch the zest in a clean bag or container so you can save it. Pull out the chunks of rind that didn't break down well and chop them into little chunks.
- (Note: if you do not have a juicer, you can zest the orange with a zester and hand-squeeze the juice.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the zest of the orange, the flours, baking soda, rind, and the salt. Mix the ingredients together completely with a fork or spatula.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg together with the honey, coconut oil and 1/4 cup of the juice of the orange, using a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine with a spatula.
- Form the dough into 2 equal sized balls. Press the balls out onto a cookie sheet. They should be about 2 inches thick.
- Cut each disc into 6 pieces. Use the knife to gently nudge the pieces away from each other a little bit as you cut into the dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before removing the cookie sheet. Serve warm with tea or coffee.