- 1 medium beet, sliced into 4 slices
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 oz pecans, toasted
- 2 handfuls organic baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado or coconut oil for frying
- 1 oz feta - optional
- Heat the beet slices in a cast iron pan until they begin to become golden on the outer surfaces.
- Toss the spinach in a large salad bowl with the olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Pile the spinach into two bowls. Place the beet slices on top. Sprinkle with the nuts and optional feta. Serve.