- 2 bartlett pears
- 1 lb brie
- 1/2 c sliced almonds
- 1 shot of amaretto
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Saw off the top rind of the brie with a bread knife. Be careful not to take much cheese with the rind.
- Core and slice each of the pears into lengthwise slices. Arrange these on a plate.
- Place the brie in a pan or brie baker, with no lid, and broil until melted.
- Sprinkle the almonds over the brie and return to broil until the almonds become golden-brown.
- Transfer the brie to atop the pear with a large spatula.
- Splash the amaretto over the dish and serve immediately.