Simple, fresh, and bursting with flavour, this sweet and spicy cold salad is a perfect summer dish.
Created by Lisa on July 17, 2016
- 2 beef strip loin steaks, 1.25" thick
- 1 lime, for juice
- 3 tbsp. coconut vinegar
- 2 tbsp. grain-free oyster sauce or coconut aminos
- 3 (1-3, to taste) Thai bird's eye chilies, seeded and minced, to taste (these are hot!)
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 c densely packed coriander leaves
- 1/2 a pineapple, diced
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Season and sear the steaks in sauté pan on medium-high heat, each side.
- Remove from pan and allow the steaks to cool on a plate.
- Cut into thin slices, cutting across the grain.
- In large bowl, combine lime juice, coconut vinegar, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, chilies. (You can substitute 1-3 tsp red chili flakes if you don't have birdseye chilies.)
- Add the beef, red and green onion, coriander, sesame seeds, and pinappple. Toss well and serve.