Created by Lisa on May 23, 2016
TrueToOurMakings.com Adapted from Dr. Marion E. Smart, DVM, co-author of Not Fit for a Dog: http://www.amazon.com/Not-Fit-Dog-Truth-Manufactured/dp/1610351495
- Category: Paleo Pets
Yields 10 cups of food.
- 5 lb pollock
- 1 can sardines in water
- 1 5/24 lb chicken hearts
- 10 chicken livers
- 3 boiled eggs, with their shells on
- 45 mL apple cider vinegar
- 15 mL cod liver oil
- 9 capsules wild salmon oil
- 15 mL flax oil (plus 15 ml for frying)
- 15 g spirulina
- You'll need a food processor, kitchen scale, a large mixing bowl, and some small containers to package and freeze the food in. It also helps to have a pen and adhesive labels handy to label and date the containers.
- Lightly sautee the meats in a sautee pan. I do this in batches, one meat at a time.
- Process the meats in the food processor, and remove to the mixing bowl once ground. Once all the meats are transferred to the mixing bowl, you can stir them together with a spatula. Then put the eggs (with shells on) and the remaining ingredients in the food processor and process briefly to break up the egg shells.
- Mix everything together well in the mixing bowl. Divvy it up into the dishes. Seal the tops well, label, and freeze. After thawing, the food will keep for 2 - 3 days in the fridge.